Learn All About the Canada 150 Celebration Rides
Develop a motorcycle ride that each SCRC Club can run and host in their respective areas sometime in 2017 to celebrate the 150th birthday of Canadian Confederation (which is July 1st 2017).
• Each club would hold a motorcycle ride of 150km in length sometime between May 1 and October 31 in 2017.
• The start and end point do not have to be the same, ie. you can ride 150km to a site specific destination.
• The ride must pass one point of interest, such as:
• Historic Site (entrance sign to a national park, historic park, etc.)
• Military Facility
• Local museum
• War memorial – cenotaph
• Natural place (Niagara Falls example) or major landmark which is recognizable
• Some site that has local meaning to the local SCRC Club
The group must stop at that site and do a group photo, which can be one motorcycle with a group of riders standing behind the bike, again an example, but it must be a group photo. The group should hold up a large Canadian Flag and/or the Canada 150 Flag for the group photo.
The group photo will be posted on the SCRC Canada web site as part of recognition of Canada’s 150th birthday.
In recognition of the ride a special Canada 150 SCRC Ride patch which be given to each participant, for a fee of about $5.00 to cover the cost of the patch, the proposed patch design is on the left side of this page
Rides in Ontario
|Sat – July 1
|Oavkille 680||St. George Square, Oakville, Ont. (corner of George and Robinson) – Pick a Deli. Breakfast at 9:30am, ride photo at 11:00am. Ride that should take roughly 3.5hrs followed by a BBQ at one of our members home.||Carlo Ianni,|
|Sat – July 1
|Windsor 334||It is a big circle around our peninsula. We will depart Tim Hortons on Manning and CR42 at 11:00am. It is about a 2 1/2 hour ride plus time added for 1 stop at Timmies in Kingsville. See link for planned route.
|Eddy Marson firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sat – July 1||Orangeville||Ride starts in Orangcille||Kurt Wulf email@example.com|
|Sat – July 8
|Niagara 238||Tour Bus Parking Lot, Just South of Table Rock House, Niagara River Pkwy, Niagara Falls||Ken Gansel|
|Sat – July 22
|Sudbury/Nickel Centre 418||The Bigger Tim Hortons – 970 Lorne St. Sudbury||Troy Raymond firstname.lastname@example.org|